Monday 13 April 2009

Ron Dennis confirms immediate F 1 exit

Related articles
· Ron Dennis set to leave F1 - reports
McLaren today confirmed that former Team Principal Ron Dennis has now relinquished all ties with the F1 team, as he looks to focus entirely on the company's road car division. At a press conference at McLaren Technology Centre in Woking this morning, it was confirmed that Dennis has handed the role of CEO of McLaren Racing to Martin Whitmarsh, who now assumes full responsibility of the team's activities.
Ron Dennis will head up McLaren Automotive, as a major expansion plan was announced, including a £250m investment and proposals for a new production facility employing up to 800 skilled workers.
Speaking of his 42-year history in motorsport and Formula One, Dennis said: “I passed the role of Team Principal of Vodafone McLaren Mercedes to Martin Whitmarsh on January 16th, the day of the launch of our new Formula 1 car. That day I was asked many times whether I would attend the 2009 Australian Grand Prix. My answer was "yes". I duly attended it – albeit not as the person in charge of Vodafone McLaren Mercedes. It was, I admit, a strange feeling.
“The next race, the Malaysian Grand Prix, I watched on TV in the UK – an activity I found surprisingly easy. I'd expected to be more emotional about it, after an unbroken run of attending so many grands prix for so many years,” continued the Briton. “I admit I'm not always easy to get on with. I admit I've always fought hard for McLaren in Formula 1. I doubt if Max Mosley or Bernie Ecclestone will be displeased by my decision. But no-one asked me to do it. It was my decision.
“Equally, I was the architect of today's restructure of the McLaren Group. Again, no-one asked me to do it. It was my decision,” said Ron, dismissing suggestions that his move was as a result of pressure from other parties amid the ongoing Oz-gate controversy. “I feel enormously enthused about the prospects for the McLaren Group and for McLaren Automotive, and have no qualms about leaving Martin to report to the board regarding matters connected with Formula 1.”
Ron Dennis still owns 15% of McLaren Group, the holding company of their F1 team.

My Opinion: All who know me know that I speak I feel ... and I felt that Ron Dennis would never leave....
I said that if Ron Dennis left the team would feel very VodafoneMcLarenMercedes its lack .....
I said this year that the team needed VodafoneMcLarenMercedes equal to 10 men because Ron Dennis would be a difficult year .... and only had 1 and Ron Dennis were dispensing ...
I said that the team had 90% chance of winning in 2009 with Ron Dennis if ..... without Ron Dennis chances fall to 20 %..... by way nobody believed in me and the worst ...
I said that the team would lose millions if Ron Dennis left .... like this ... lose the Board does not believe that Ron Dennis did not find in every corner of the streets .... only are people with a great talent .... .... not a pilot or engineer who is to replace ....
A chief of staff to Ron Dennis has years of experience ... commanded all ... .... each employee each screw commanded ... ... ... midea to know the answers to the .... admired and respected the world ... it takes a long time to buy ... I should be happy .... because Ron Dennis now has more time to see my project that makes the car go faster ... and maybe finish patent and earn more money and could build up another F1 team .... but the time may not help to build another team of no more time ... even Ross Brawn this showing that there is ... is like I said English leaves a BRILLIANT ... enter another English Ross Brawn to shine .... but still think of to recover the lost time .... just ask for him back .... as soon as possible ... and I will always be available to my project with Ron Dennis a big hug to all the team VodafoneMcLarenMercedes
Ps: I could not stop praising the elegance as always did for Ron Dennis .... and beautiful red flower in suit though ... find your look sad ..... I would say that You make a lot lacking in Formula 1 and hope your back as soon as possible if God want .... and also the shareholders ..
Lionel de Campos Jorge

No comments: